UK ELECTRIC - COVID 19 RISK ASSESSMEMT STATEMENT
What have we done?
- We have carried out COVID 19 risk assessments and shared the results with our staff and others who need to know.
- We have cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures in line with the guidance.
- We have taken all reasonable steps to help people work from home.
- We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain a 2M safe distance in all our workplaces.
- In the small number of instances where people cannot be 2M apart, we have done everything possible to manage the transmission risk and this has been documented.
Protecting sick and vulnerable people
Getting to work
- Cleaning materials are provided at key locations including entry and exit points and frequent touch points.
- Frequent touch points and equipment are regularly cleaned as often as necessary. This is usually three times per shift and more often if equipment is shared.
- Windows and internal doors are left open where possible although we are careful not to compromise fire safety and fire doors are kept shut or held open by door retainers.
- Disposable gloves are provided for some activities.
Warehouses and yards
Staff temporarily working from home
Contractors and others at our sites
- Contractors are not allowed on site unless their own risk assessments and work practices demonstrate how they will work safely and in line with Government guidance.
- Social distancing and hygiene are maintained throughout the time any third party is on our site.
- Staff have been briefed on how to deal with contractors and other visitors, including action to take if they behave irresponsibly or contrary to their method statements.